Week 5: Recorder interface on Wiktionary

This week we gave a demo to Wikimedia Language team showcasing the basic recording, decoding and evaluation framework. Here's the recording (watch from around 36 min):



I explained how we are integrating the functionalities as listed on the Grants page. I mostly got myself familiar with the process of creating Gadgets on Wiktionary for it to be available publicly. Here are some source files I created and you might want to watch for future updates:


Now I'm focusing on some minor issues to improve the working of the interface.
  1. Play audio by buffering the samples and creating a blob
  2. Spawn multiple decoders with different grammars
  3. Store the evaluation results to send to the real service
Some snapshots of current interface:




More next week!

Comments

Popular Posts